2014 was a big year, and 2015 is going to be even bigger!
This past semester was YAF’s first semester back on campus, and we have accomplished quite a few things!
- 2,977 flag memorial to commemorate the lives lost on 9/11/2001, featured on every media outlet in Detroit
- No More Che Day tabling that was featured on a Cuban-American US Congressperson’s twitter
- World Freedom Day building and tearing down of a mock Berlin Wall, fortunate enough to receive the attention from a few communist protesters
- Sending four members to Santa Barbara California to Ronald Reagan’s Ranch, and four members to the YAF Headquarters near D.C. to our training seminar
- Bringing BP Executive and UM alum Howard Beatty to speak
- Getting coverage on the Fox News Channel, the Washington Times, and nearly all Detroit Media outlets regarding the Communications Chair and University of Michigan Professor that made hateful remarks toward conservatives.
Not bad for our first semester right? Next semester will be even bigger for our group!
- Jonah Goldberg, Contributing Editor of the National Review, will be speaking on February 12th at 7:00 PM in the Rackham Amphitheatre on his book: Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left
- We will be making a trip to CPAC in Washington DC (Click here to singup: http://goo.gl/b7WX5N). CPAC will take place February 26 to 28, 2015 at the Gaylord Resort and Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland. By volunteering for YAF for three 3-hour shifts over the course of CPAC, you will receive room for THREE nights (February 26, 27, and 28) at the Westin Washington National Harbor (really nice). You will also attend a Young Americans for Freedom dinner banquet (at the Westin Washington National Harbor hotel) on the night of Thursday, February 26 and participate in YAF group photos at a time and on a date to be decided.
- Activism Training Seminar at YAF’s new headquarters Feb 6-7 (Click here to sign up: http://goo.gl/a4deJF)
- George Harbison, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Trident University will be speaking on the Failures of the Buffett Rule
- Tabling at Winterfest at UMich (Tuesday, January 14th from 4pm - 8pm)
- A regional conference in Wisconsin TBA
- MORE SPEAKERS TBA!
Let’s continue to build our group, and make an even larger impact on campus!
Happy New Year!
-The YAF Officer Team